Following is Nancy Swart's presentation on behalf of Betsy Amalong:
Betsy volunteers her time every day Ė
except when visiting her four (4) grandchildren.
- Currently, Betsy assists the elderly
with limited vision in a nursing home. She conducts a weekly Bible study
there, as well.
- She quilts blankets for the veterans
at Walter Reed Medical Center.
- Betsy collects and delivers clothing
and household goods for the Spanish workers in Avon Grove.
- For seventeen (17) years, she taught
sewing, household, gardening and self-sufficiency skills to hundreds of young
people through 4-H and Sewing Club.
- Through 4-H, Betsy raised seeing-eye
- She has volunteered at Momís House and
Phoenixville Hospital for over five (5) years.
- Betsy has taught Sunday school and
Bible School and presently cares for the church liens.
- She attends township meetings and
promotes activities that benefit everyone.
- As a rough estimate, Betsy has devoted
at least ten thousand (10,000) hours so far in her lifetime to volunteer
Congratulation Betsy Amalong as the 2005
InterService Club Ambassador of the Year.